Sony came to the stage last night with a man questions to answer. Could they keep the momentum they had from their initial conference almost six months ago? What would their next-gen console look like? Would they have games that would wow not only their fanbase but those gamers who were on the fence? They finished the night in firm command of the conversation and possibly a hold on holiday sales for this upcoming year. The PS4 had a bunch of games that perked interest and here are the five I’m most interested in getting my hands on.
The Order 1886
- Steampunk monster hunters, with a knights twist.
- Initial story seems really interesting.
- Cool looking weapons, let’s hope with lots of variety.
- Hoping actual gameplay keeps some of this trailer’s style.
- Multiple protagonists maybe?
- Huge deal that Sony is continuing to foster the relationship with Indie Devs.
- Bringing their games to the Sony platform will just bring more to the fold.
- Don’t Starve, Secret Ponchos and Mercenary Kings all looked great.
- Indie Devs can self-publish, again huge incentive.
- Games look easily portable to Vita as well, many getting a PS+ push from the start.
- The game looked better than the initial showing.
- The new open, bright environments will do that game and the Guerrilla engine justice.
- New Combat options including the “Owl” personal combat drone should be very cool.
- Mutiplayer should be amazing as well.
Infamous: Second Son
- Graphics looked amazing, crazy particle effects.
- Really emotive characters.
- Protagonist was a snarky bad-ass (New DMC Dante-esque)
- Felt like a playable version of the Chronicle movie.
Quantic Dream Demo
- EXTREMLEY impressive detail.
- Kind of graphics we really want from next-gen.
- This kind of technology can help to create the emotionally deep gameplay we have been dying for.
Let us know what we missed and what you are excited for. Are you buying a Ps4 day one, if so tell us why in the comments below.