Xbox enthusiasts were treated to some gorgeous sights and sounds on Monday night. Since the reveal of the Xbox One (XO) three weeks ago the clamoring for games have been loud and boisterous. Microsoft showed gamers a bunch of titles that are coming up for their next-gen system and here are the ones I found most compelling.
- A gorgeous, vibrant art style.
- Multiple user-created weapons or at least user inspired designs might be implemented.
- Seems to take place huge spaces with cool ways to traverse.
- Looks like gleeful destruction, tone of the game looks very light.
- Alan Wake style episodic format connected to a TV/online show.
- Real next –gen graphic leap.
- Looks like it will be really interesting with time manipulation story-telling.
- Can’t wait to see what gameplay will look like, if action oriented or more story based.
- Amazing sandbox for kids.
- Kinect and Smartglass capable.
- Looks like a great gateway for children to learn game creation.
- Wants to go head to head with Sony’s LittleBigPlanet
- I hope it’s not Xbox Exclusive although a great get on the indie front.
- Love the art and music from the Sword and Sworcery folks.
- Great logo and graphic design by Cory Schmitz (Sound Shapers)
- Already have a pedigree of putting out amazing games with immerse quirky stories
- MS killer app.
- Looked amazing, quick, responsive, everything you expect from a COD game (Respawn).
- Mechs looked really dope and super fun to control.
- Traversal looked really good and clean.
- Hopefully Mech/Human combat will be balanced.
This should be a pretty strong launch lineup when the Xbox One comes out later this year. I can’t wait to see what other treats they have up their sleeve.
What games perked your interest, are you buying a Xbox One at launch? Let us know what games you’d like to see on this list in the comments below!!
Media Molecule’s next project is coming to a Playstation Vita near you on October 22. Tearaway’s papercraft art style, innovative touch control features and whimsical story will try to resurrect the struggling handheld and give folks a reason to care again before the launch of the PS4. I for one loved what I’ve seen so far and with MM’s track record, I am sure they will make a delightful and fun game.
They dropped some cool tidbits that you should check out here