Sony came to the stage last night with a man questions to answer. Could they keep the momentum they had from their initial conference almost six months ago? What would their next-gen console look like? Would they have games that would wow not only their fanbase but those gamers who were on the fence? They finished the night in firm command of the conversation and possibly a hold on holiday sales for this upcoming year. The PS4 had a bunch of games that perked interest and here are the five I’m most interested in getting my hands on.
The Order 1886
- Steampunk monster hunters, with a knights twist.
- Initial story seems really interesting.
- Cool looking weapons, let’s hope with lots of variety.
- Hoping actual gameplay keeps some of this trailer’s style.
- Multiple protagonists maybe?
- Huge deal that Sony is continuing to foster the relationship with Indie Devs.
- Bringing their games to the Sony platform will just bring more to the fold.
- Don’t Starve, Secret Ponchos and Mercenary Kings all looked great.
- Indie Devs can self-publish, again huge incentive.
- Games look easily portable to Vita as well, many getting a PS+ push from the start.
- The game looked better than the initial showing.
- The new open, bright environments will do that game and the Guerrilla engine justice.
- New Combat options including the “Owl” personal combat drone should be very cool.
- Mutiplayer should be amazing as well.
Infamous: Second Son
- Graphics looked amazing, crazy particle effects.
- Really emotive characters.
- Protagonist was a snarky bad-ass (New DMC Dante-esque)
- Felt like a playable version of the Chronicle movie.
Quantic Dream Demo
- EXTREMLEY impressive detail.
- Kind of graphics we really want from next-gen.
- This kind of technology can help to create the emotionally deep gameplay we have been dying for.
Let us know what we missed and what you are excited for. Are you buying a Ps4 day one, if so tell us why in the comments below.
With next-gen gaming coming around the corner, I took some inventory of what I could possibly trade in (while that is still a thing) towards either a new console or some of the awesome games coming out this week. So I checked out Gamestop’s website and found something that really surprised me.
You can now trade in your RROD (Red-Ring-Of-Death) Xbox for trade-in value or cash. I’m not sure when they started this practice but I think it’s a great idea. Although I am not a fan of the price gouging they employ I do think they do serve a purpose for the budgeting gamer.
There are some caveats like the trade needing to go towards a new game or preorder and “Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value” (But you just said to bring in my broken console…..) But I think it’s a sweet deal for anyone with a bricked console just lying around collecting dust or cigarette butts.
Also I just called a couple of local Gamestops and they have a deal ending tomorrow (sorry) in which you can snag an extra 30% of credit, so get going!!
This past week 505 Games and Snoop Lion put out a game called “Way of the Dogg” that is a Rhythm Heaven knock off with a revenge plot. The game seemed to come out of nowhere and from the reviews around the web, I doubt that it will really make any headway on its prospective gaming platforms. “Way of the Dogg” seems totally like a throwaway title with few redeeming qualities, and although I think the game will melt away into obscurity I do think the Snoop Dogg/Lion brand is still kind of awesome.
That made me ponder what fighting games would have been even more awesome with a smidgen of Snoop in the mix and thus I begat my top five list of characters that would have been way better if played by the D-O double G.
5 – Nicotine CaffeSnoop – Samurai Showdown Series
Reasons why Snoop would make a great Nicotine:
- Both have the special move to alter their opponent’s ability to control themselves.
- Snoop and Nicotine are known to take life lightly and are often seen smiling, even when fighting.
- Both have the ability to blow a small poisonous cloud at their opponent.
4. Smoop – Mortal Kombat series
Reasons why Snoop would make a great Smoke:
- Do I really have to say why? Really? C’Mon.
- Both are defined by being able to emit a cloud of smoke or vapor
- Both Smoke and Snoop have the power of invisibility but Snoop’s is special because it seems to only work around members of law enforcement.
3 – VolSnoop – Soul Calibur Series
Reasons why Snoop would make a great Voldo:
- Both are known for their eccentric behavior and style of dress
- Snoop and Voldo were trapped for long periods of time by both money and the hold of a powerful leader
- Like Voldo, Snoop’s character has revolved around a specific trait. Voldo has his karars and Snoop has his resemblance to a Doberman Pincher; both have made them extremely popular.
2- DhalSnoop – Street Fighter Series
Reasons why Snoop would make a awesome Dhalsim:
- They practically have the same physique
- Both are totally into meditation
- Both have multiple forms, a zen-like state and warrior state.
1- VertiSnoop – Primal Rage
Reasons Snoop would make an awesome Vertigo:
- Both Snoop and Vertigo are a mix of two different animals.
- Both have the power to hypnotize both friend and foe.
- Both are hell-bent on world domination.
We can see from this post that there is nothing that can’t benefit from adding a little Snoop to the mix. Games past, present and future can achieve greatness with this formula. If there are any other characters that you can think of that would be more Snooptactular please tell us in the comments below.
If you haven’t’ gotten enough of Bioshock Infinite’s sights and sounds you can snag some really cool ringtones for your phone today.
Along with a bunch of cool swag Irrational Games posted some sound files from various things in the game. My favorite is the Salt Machine one.
Check out them all out here:
The smash hit game Injustice: Gods Among Us has been one of the most anticipated games of the year not only because of Netherealm’s fighting game prowess but because of the diverse roster. With Ed Boon’s announcement of the Lobo as the first DLC character people have been waiting to find out who is next.
Some crafty gamers might have found out by digging into the game’s disc source code.
If the information proves to be correct the newest characters might be Lobo, Zod, Batgirl and surprise…. Scorpion
Check out the links here:
and the Youtube video from MKIceVsFire, a well pretty reliable MK source.
We will see how much of this holds water and if so how they play.
What do you think of the additions, tell us below in the comments.